Albanian and Portuguese as Minority Language
In Albanian and Portuguese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Albanian and Portuguese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Albanian as minority language: Italian Repubilc, Montenegro, Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Serbia, Romania.
- Portuguese as minority language: Australia, Daman and Diu, France, Germany, Goa, Italy, Japan, United States of America.
If you want to compare Albanian and Portuguese dialects, then you can go to Albanian vs Portuguese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Albanian and Portuguese Regulators
Albanian and Portuguese speaking countries provide you Albanian and Portuguese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Academy of Sciences of Albania, Tirana regulates Albanian language.Portuguese is regulated by Academia Brasileira de Letras (Brazilian Literary Academy), Academia das Ciências de Lisboa, Classe de Letras. Also get to learn, Albanian and Portuguese Language History.
Albanian and Portuguese Continents
Thinking about Albanian and Portuguese continents in which Albanian and Portuguese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Albanian and Portuguese. Most of the Albanian speaking countries lie in Europe. While Portuguese speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Albanian and Portuguese languages:
Albanian Interesting Facts:
- Albanian Language has adopted words from Latin, Greek, Turkish, Italian and Slavic languages.
- 74% Albanian people are atheist, they never go to church or mosque.
Portuguese Interesting Facts:
- Portuguese language has absorbed many words from French, Italian, Arabic and also from indigenous South American and African languages.
- The first written document in Portuguese language was found in the 12th century.
The Albanian language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Romanian whereas Albanian language is similar to Spanish and Galician Languages and derived from Latin.