Turkish and Portuguese as Minority Language
In Turkish and Portuguese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Turkish and Portuguese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Turkish as minority language: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Greece, Iraq, Kosovo, Macedonia, Romania.
- Portuguese as minority language: Australia, Daman and Diu, France, Germany, Goa, Italy, Japan, United States of America.
If you want to compare Turkish and Portuguese dialects, then you can go to Turkish vs Portuguese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Turkish and Portuguese Regulators
Turkish and Portuguese speaking countries provide you Turkish and Portuguese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Turkish Language Association regulates Turkish language.Portuguese is regulated by Academia Brasileira de Letras (Brazilian Literary Academy), Academia das Ciências de Lisboa, Classe de Letras. Also get to learn, Turkish and Portuguese Language History.
Turkish and Portuguese Continents
Thinking about Turkish and Portuguese continents in which Turkish and Portuguese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Turkish and Portuguese. Most of the Turkish speaking countries lie in Asia, Europe. While Portuguese speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Turkish and Portuguese languages:
Turkish Interesting Facts:
- Turkish language oldest written records are found upon stone monuments in Central Asia, in Orhun, Yenisey and Talas regions.
- Turkish language was developed in the Middle East, streching all the way to Eastern Europe.
Portuguese Interesting Facts:
- Portuguese language has absorbed many words from French, Italian, Arabic and also from indigenous South American and African languages.
- The first written document in Portuguese language was found in the 12th century.
The Turkish language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Azerbaijani Language whereas Turkish language is similar to Spanish and Galician Languages and derived from Latin.