German and French as Minority Language
In German and French speaking countries you will get the countries which have German and French as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- German as minority language: Czech Republic, Denmark, Former Soviet Union, France, Hungary, Italy, Namibia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia.
- French as minority language: Brazil, Cambodia, United States of America, Vietnam.
If you want to compare German and French dialects, then you can go to German vs French Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
German and French Regulators
German and French speaking countries provide you German and French regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Council for German Orthography regulates German language.French is regulated by Académie française (French Academy), Office québécois de la langue française. Also get to learn, German and French Language History.
German and French Continents
Thinking about German and French continents in which German and French speaking countries are present. Check out more information on German and French. Most of the German speaking countries lie in Europe. While French speaking countries lie in Africa, Australia, Europe, North America, Oceania, Pacific, South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of German and French languages:
German Interesting Facts:
- One of the large group of Indo-Germanic languages is German.
- The second most popular Germanic language spoken today behind English is German language.
French Interesting Facts:
- French is the only language, with English, that is taught in every country of the world.
- French is the top language in Culinary Scene.
The German language was derived from Albanian Languages and is similar to Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and English Languages whereas German language is similar to Italian Language and derived from Latin.