Afrikaans and Italian as Minority Language
In Afrikaans and Italian speaking countries you will get the countries which have Afrikaans and Italian as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Afrikaans as minority language: Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Italian as minority language: Crimea, Eritrea, France, Libya, Monaco, Montenegro, Romania, Somalia.
If you want to compare Afrikaans and Italian dialects, then you can go to Afrikaans vs Italian Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Afrikaans and Italian Regulators
Afrikaans and Italian speaking countries provide you Afrikaans and Italian regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Die Taalkommissie, National Languages Committee regulates Afrikaans language.Italian is regulated by Accademia della Crusca (Academy of the bran). Also get to learn, Afrikaans and Italian Language History.
Afrikaans and Italian Continents
Thinking about Afrikaans and Italian continents in which Afrikaans and Italian speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Afrikaans and Italian. Most of the Afrikaans speaking countries lie in Africa. While Italian speaking countries lie in Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Afrikaans and Italian languages:
Afrikaans Interesting Facts:
- Afrikaans Language is a mixture of English, Dutch, German, French and some South African language like Xhosa.
- Afrikaans Language lacks case and gender distinctions.
Italian Interesting Facts:
- One of the most romantic and melodic language in the history of the world is Italian.
- Italian Language is in the top three of the most widely spoken European languages in Europe.
The Afrikaans language was derived from Dutch Language and is similar to Dutch Language whereas Afrikaans language is similar to French and Portuguese Languages and derived from Latin.