Welsh national language and Welsh as a Second Language
Welsh speaking countries include both countries with Welsh national language and Welsh as a second language. Check if Welsh language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Welsh is national language of Wales.
Compare Welsh speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Welsh vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Welsh is not spoken as second language.
The Welsh countries mentioned under Welsh Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Welsh language.
Welsh as minority language
Countries with Welsh as minority language are also included in Welsh speaking countries.
- Welsh is spoken as minority language in Argentina, United Kingdom.
Along with Welsh speaking countries check out Welsh speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Welsh speaking countries mainly lie in Europe.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Welsh Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Welsh language are Welsh regulators. Welsh is regulated by Welsh Language Commissioner. The regulatory bodies of Welsh lie in Welsh speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Welsh:
- One of the Celtic language still spoken with great numbers of speakers is Welsh language.
- Welsh was evolved from British , which was spoken by ancient Britons.
The Welsh language is derived from British Language and is closely related to English Language.