Polish national language and Polish as a Second Language
Polish speaking countries include both countries with Polish national language and Polish as a second language. Check if Polish language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Polish is national language of Poland.
Compare Polish speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Polish vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Polish is second language of Belarus, Czech Republic, England, Lithuania, Slovakia, Ukraine.
The Polish countries mentioned under Polish Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Polish language.
Polish as minority language
Countries with Polish as minority language are also included in Polish speaking countries.
- Polish is spoken as minority language in Belarus, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Ukraine.
Along with Polish speaking countries check out Polish speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Polish speaking countries mainly lie in Europe.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Polish Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Polish language are Polish regulators. Polish is regulated by Polish Language Council (Rada Języka Polskiego). The regulatory bodies of Polish lie in Polish speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Polish:
- Polish Language has many loanwords from Russian, Czech, French, Italian, Hebrew and German Languages.
- The earliest writings found in polish language was list of persons and place names, is dated to 1136.
The Polish language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Czech, Slovak, Serbian Languages.