Italian national language and Italian as a Second Language
Italian speaking countries include both countries with Italian national language and Italian as a second language. Check if Italian language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Italian is national language of Italy, San Marino, Switzerland, Vatican City.
Compare Italian speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Italian vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Italian is second language of Albania, Croatia, Malta, Slovenia.
The Italian countries mentioned under Italian Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Italian language.
Italian as minority language
Countries with Italian as minority language are also included in Italian speaking countries.
- Italian is spoken as minority language in Crimea, Eritrea, France, Libya, Monaco, Montenegro, Romania, Somalia.
Along with Italian speaking countries check out Italian speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Italian speaking countries mainly lie in Europe.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Italian Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Italian language are Italian regulators. Italian is regulated by Accademia della Crusca (Academy of the bran). The regulatory bodies of Italian lie in Italian speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Italian:
- One of the most romantic and melodic language in the history of the world is Italian.
- Italian Language is in the top three of the most widely spoken European languages in Europe.
The Italian language is derived from Latin and is closely related to French and Portuguese Languages.