Galician national language and Galician as a Second Language
Galician speaking countries include both countries with Galician national language and Galician as a second language. Check if Galician language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Galician is national language of Galicia.
Compare Galician speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Galician vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Galician is not spoken as second language.
The Galician countries mentioned under Galician Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Galician language.
Galician as minority language
Countries with Galician as minority language are also included in Galician speaking countries.
- Galician is not spoken as minority language in any of the countries.
Along with Galician speaking countries check out Galician speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Galician speaking countries mainly lie in Europe.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Galician Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Galician language are Galician regulators. Galician is regulated by Royal Galician Academy (Real Academia Galega). The regulatory bodies of Galician lie in Galician speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Galician:
- In Galician language, there are no compound tenses.
- The earliest document in Galician language was written in 1228 which was legal charter for a municipality of Galicia.
The Galician language is derived from Latin and is closely related to Portuguese Language.