Filipino national language and Filipino as a Second Language
Filipino speaking countries include both countries with Filipino national language and Filipino as a second language. Check if Filipino language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Filipino is national language of Philippines.
Compare Filipino speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Filipino vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Filipino is second language of Philippines.
The Filipino countries mentioned under Filipino Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Filipino language.
Filipino as minority language
Countries with Filipino as minority language are also included in Filipino speaking countries.
- Filipino is not spoken as minority language in any of the countries.
Along with Filipino speaking countries check out Filipino speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Filipino speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Filipino Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Filipino language are Filipino regulators. Filipino is regulated by Komisyon sa Wikang Filipino. The regulatory bodies of Filipino lie in Filipino speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Filipino:
- "Filipino" was officially declared as national language by the constitution in 1987.
- "Filipino" is the official name of Tagalog, or synonym of it.
The Filipino language is derived from Spanish Language and is closely related to Tagalog Language.