Chinese and Japanese as Minority Language
In Chinese and Japanese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Chinese and Japanese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Chinese as minority language: Indonesia, Malaysia.
- Japanese as minority language: Palau.
If you want to compare Chinese and Japanese dialects, then you can go to Chinese vs Japanese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Chinese and Japanese Regulators
Chinese and Japanese speaking countries provide you Chinese and Japanese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Chinese Language Standardization Council, National Commission on Language and Script Work, Promote Mandarin Council regulates Chinese language.Japanese is regulated by Agency for Cultural Affairs (文化庁) at the Ministry of Education. Also get to learn, Chinese and Japanese Language History.
Chinese and Japanese Continents
Thinking about Chinese and Japanese continents in which Chinese and Japanese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Chinese and Japanese. Most of the Chinese speaking countries lie in Asia. While Japanese speaking countries lie in Asia, Pacific. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Chinese and Japanese languages:
Chinese Interesting Facts:
- Chinese language is tonal, since meaning of a word changes according to its tone.
- In Chinese language, there is no grammatical distinction between singular or plural, no declination of verbs according to tense, mood and aspect.
Japanese Interesting Facts:
- In Japanese Language, there are 4 different ways to address people: kun, chan, san and sama.
- There are many words in Japanese language which end with vowel letter, which determines the structure and rhythm of Japanese.
The Chinese language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Not Available whereas Chinese language is similar to Korean Language and derived from Not Available.